Simple step by step tutorial how to make metal texture in Photoshop. In this article you can also learn how to use motion blur effect, gradient tool & add noise. Let’s see the step by step tutorial:
1. Open a new document (for this tutorial we use 500px & 375px)
2. Now create a new layer. Press Ctrl + BackSpace to use a background color for the layout.
3. In layers panel Double click on the new layer and select the Gradient Overlay option in Layer Style popup.
4. Now create a gradient using #85888f & #f0f0f2 colors.
5. Select the both layers (press shift & select the layers in layer panel). RMC (Click right button of your mouse) & click on the Merge Layers.
6. Now go to “Filter Menu -> Noise -> Add Noise..“. It will open the below Add Noise popup. In the Add Noise popup give 20 as “amount %” and ok.
7. Go to Filter Menu -> Blur -> Motion Blur... Give 25 as distance & 0 as angle.
after clicking on the ok button on Motion Blur popup, the texture may look like the below picture.
8. Now we need to add a shades to all corners of our brushed metal texture.
Use the below parameter for Brush Tool as seen on the scrren shot:
- Master diameter: 250 px
- Hardness: 0%
- Color: #8a8d96
You may see the final look of the brushed metal texture.